Friday, February 22, 2008

Don't forget!

One thing I wanted to mention since everyone is just starting out fresh. Don't forget to warm up and cool down with your workouts. I found out the hard way a few years ago. I tore my calf muscle and it hurts. I warm up and cool down for at least 5 minutes at the beginning and end. Of course it counts as part of your workout.
The fantastic part of working out regularly is that on the days that I don't workout I feel sluggish and tired. I love that cause it gets me off my butt and on that treadmill cause I know I will feel energized and ready for the rest of the day with loads of energy. That will help taking care of the babies and you will notice a difference in your energy level. After I workout I have this rush that I gotta do stuff. I get more done the hour after my workout than I get done the rest of the day. Feeling tired and a little sluggish at first is normal - you may even feel like you want to take a nap. Take one if you feel that way, if possible. Listen to your body- it will tell you what it needs. I am no expert but am speaking from my own experience. You may even have to force the first week or so- but keep at it and I promise you , you will notice a difference in how you feel. You just gotta get your internal motor revved and you will see and feel the results.

No comments: