Friday, March 14, 2008

Yay- I made my goal for the week

The title just about says it all! I got in another 2 miles today and am looking forward to resting up this weekend. While walking this morning I was thinking about how I got started walking. I started this weight gain when I quit my job. I felt so free and happy that I took complete advantage of eating anything I wanted whenever I wanted it. I really felt better than I ever had in years even though the weight was coming on. I condoned my behavior due to the fact that I felt so good. I realize now that the reason I felt so good was the lack of stress more than anything else. I wish now I had started a workout program like I am doing now instead of eating like a horse. That is one of things that keeps me going with the workouts- it took me a long time to get in this shape so I figure now it is going to take me at least the same amount of time to get back down. I don't consider myself obese but I know I can be slim and trim like I used to be. I am not going to be one of those middle aged women who uses AGE as an excuse to be sloppy and fat- although I really could. I want to like what I see in mirror one day and know that I worked really hard to get it. I want to be able to go and buy clothes and know that I am accentuating what I have and not trying to play the "hide the bulges game". Clothes are fun and I want to be able to wear what I like and not what conceals the best. Feeling good and being strong is what will sustain me. As far as what people think - I could not care less- it is most important to me what I think and feel about me. Have a great weekend C'ya , Jules

No comments: